Analogy is a comparison between things, typically for the purpose of explaining or clarifying. It is a comparison in which an idea or a thing is compared to another thing that is really different from it in order to show their similarities. The things which are being compared can either be similar or different. Nevertheless, an analogy explains one thing in terms of another to highlight the ways in which they are similar. Metaphors and similes are tools used to create analogies. Therefore, analogy is more extensive and elaborate than a simile or a metaphor.
– You are my only hope. I have to remain connected with you so as to avoid losing again.
– Life is like a race. The one who keeps running wins the race, and the one who stops to catch a breath loses.
– A school is like a garden, where children are lovingly raised and cared for.
– The rabbit shot from its hole like a rocket.
– Educating the youth of today is like the beating of heart. It’s a daily task you don’t have to stop. Once you stop it, all you’ve done end up being nothing.
– Just as a sword is the weapon of a warrior, a pen is the weapon of a writer.
– Love is a game. Sometimes you win – sometimes you lose.
– How a doctor diagnoses disease is like how a detective investigates crimes.
– Just as a caterpillar comes out of its cocoon, so we must come out of our comfort zone.
– My girlfriend is my gift from heaven. I have to look after as much as possible.
– You are as annoying as nails on a chalkboard.
– The confetti fell like snow in a blizzard as the parade passed through the city streets.
– The way he dances to Reggae music is like the way does the jogging.
– Nowadays, finding a good man is like finding a needle in a haystack.
– What they are doing is as useful as rearranging deck chairs in Titanic.
– Life is like a box of chocolates – you never know what you’re gonna get.
Leave a comment